only use light bulbs
NOT light bulbs
can conserve energy up to 80%!
When we go shopping we use a fabric bag NOT a plastic bag!
We use fabric diapers for our baby or disposable biodegradable diapers.
We only buy electrical appliances category 'A' or 'B'.
We build our house with ecological materials (for example straw bales).
We visit the ECOWEEK website often, we learn more about the issues and we become active citizens in in addressing the challenges of global warming!
- We reduce the amount of water we use in the bath. We prefer short showers.
- We recycle our household waste!
It is fun, it is cool, it is the law! (2939/01)
- We go shopping using fabric bags not plastic ones.
- We do not cut trees. We plant trees.
- We give up smoking.
We adopt more complex interventions:
- We replace our household light bulbs with energy-saving light bulbs (category A or B).
- We reduce the use of the air conditioning system. We install ceiling fans and renewable energy and biomass heaters.
- We prefer organic food and produce.
- We insulate our house and office.
- We install solar water heater and photovoltaic panels for clean energy.
We do more:
- We grow our own produce (without using pestesides and chemicals) and we avoid GMOs.
- If we can, we buy a hybrid car.
- We build a 'green' or ecological house.
- Raise your voice in your community.
- Like Al Gore says: if you are not heard by your representatives in the government, run for public office!